Food Service Packaging Operator
Primary Function: Operate Food Service Packaging machines in the production department. A Food Service Packaging Operator must accommodate any reasonable request of the Production Lead Person, Production Supervisor or Manager.
• Follow all Company policies
• Responsible for food quality and safety
• Responsible for ensuring that HACCP procedures are followed, including checks, completed documentation.
• Responsible for contacting responsible persons to ensure corrective action for any non-conformances
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work area and equipment
• Adhere to Attendance guidelines • Wear mandatory assigned Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.)
• Ensuring a quality product through regular quality checks by reading and verifying line orders and/or spec. sheets.
• Complete all necessary paperwork and package products correctly
• Set up machine with all necessary supplies needed and assist with order set-ups
• Thread papers/films and make minor adjustments to all assigned machines
• Must operate line as efficiently and safely as possible
• Use hand tools
• Perform repetitive motions in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to properly lift up to 35 pounds without assistance
• Keep assigned area clean and follow all safety rules
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous manufacturing experience preferred
• Special Skills: Read and write English Read tape measure and/or ruler to perform quality checks and transfer to documents
• Read a weight scale and transfer to documents
• Be a team player with a positive attitude and work well with others
• Know and understand the importance of safety, quality, housekeeping and teamwork
• Dependable and flexible when work is required in other facets of production
• Can work with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment
• Ability to perform basic math skills including addition and subtraction
Other: It is not the intent of this job description to be a complete listing of duties and requirements, but instead be an overview of the position. It can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary.